Monday 13 August 2012

THICK VEGGIES SOUP ALSO CALLED MINESTRONE


This dish in italian is called minestrone -literally "big soup"- but since I blend it, I transformed the minestrone in passata di verdure, which means pureed vegetables.
This thick soup is meant for Healthy Veggies Freaks because it contains only fresh vegetables, water and salt. No stock-cube, preservatives&Company...

It's an easy recipe, tasty and the best of it is that I can store it in the freezer! Ok, maybe you are thinking that frozen food is not that healthy. I agree. But think about it. In our daily life we are bombarded with agents that kill us physically, mentally and I just say it, spiritually. 

I froze my healthy thick soup because when I'm lazy to cook or my fridge is sadly empty, I can always have a good meal instead of ordering a pizza or go for junk.

You can use all type of vegetables, like: spinach, pumpkin, cauliflower, beans, green pieces, chick pieces, potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, broccoli, zucchini... just to name a few. Whatever you have in the fridge that it doesn't look fresh enough to make any other dish, goes for minestrone (do not use rotten veggies...).

It is perfect for dieting. In practice, you eat hot water and it fill you up like anything. Further, it definitely enhance your digestion system, purifying your  body and helping to eliminate all toxins from your intestines.

The decision to pureed the veggies has been made because the soup taste better when pureed. All the flavors are blent together giving a "full-bodied" taste. And of course, like this I can freeze it!

Time: long
Ingredients:

  • Onions
  • Garlic
  • Celery
  • Pumpkin
  • Cauliflower
  • Potatoes
  • Spinaches
  • Carrots
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:

  • Cut celery, onions, garlic and one of the carrot finely. Take a very large vessel (if you want to make in big quantities), add a little bit of olive oil and fry the cut veggies. 



















  • When onions turn "blonde" and soft add all the vegetables cut into small squares. Cover them with water and add some salt.
















  • Bring it to boil, cover with a lid (not completely) decrease the heat and let it boil gently for hours. More it boils more tasty it become. If 45 minutes can be enough, 2 hours of boiling make the soup fantastic.



  • Check it sometime, stir it and add water if necessary.



  • When all the vegetables are cooked long enough, it is time to blend them. Extract the veggies from the vessel with some of the "broth", do not blend them with all the broth because the soup will be too watery. Personally, I prefer it kind of dense. So start blending the veggies only (which will loose water) and then add some more broth. Again, put the passata di verdure on the fire for a while, add salt and pepper. It is ready.


To refrigerate the soup, I always use aluminum containers. I wait for the soup to cool and I put the containers in the freezer.


I serve the thick soup with some crocchette di pane, toasting the bread in a pan with olive oil and rosemary. I topped it with some grated cheese.


If you have any question or suggestion, you know how to find me.




all the material belongs to ©inindiaperamore.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...